Effective March 18th, the Building Department will be open to the public from 9 am to noon Monday through Friday. Rental and interior inspections will be available on a limited basis. Exterior inspections will continue as scheduled.
These temporary practices have been put in place to help us get through the pandemic coronavirus outbreak and we hope to return to normal operations as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time
Community Plan to Help At-Risk Residents
During these difficult times it’s important to watch out for your neighbors, especially those at risk. Many people have reached out asking how they can assist neighbors in need, which is a reminder of the wonderful community we live in. This outreach must be coordinated to ensure that those in need are connected with those who can help. In short, that all people in need are served.
For those residents who have reached out to their neighbors, we thank you. Your caring and compassion are greatly appreciated.
The Community Services Department and area churches have been in contact with many at-risk individuals to make sure their short term needs are met, and are making plans to help in the event assistance is needed for a longer period of time. Many people will need to remain at home for their safety and may require assistance with groceries, prescriptions, and socialization. Our goal is to connect them by partnering with the Community Services Department, local churches and community volunteers as needed.
Please note, this outreach will be subject to directives from state and federal health authorities which may change at any time. The health and safety of all involved is a primary consideration.
For those residents in need:
- If you are associated with a church in Bay Village, we are asking you to contact them for assistance.
- If you are not associated with a church, contact the Community Services Department for assistance at 440-899-3442.
For those who have expressed interest in volunteering:
- If you are associated with a church, please contact them. Individual congregations are identifying at-risk members, organizing appropriate duties for volunteers, and coordinating with the Community Services Department.
- If you are not associated with a church, please contact the Community Services Department at 440-899-3442. Community Services will be the central coordinator for volunteers and organize appropriate duties.
- Community Services and the churches will communicate on an ongoing basis. If the need for any one entity becomes too great, volunteers will be allocated to the area of greatest need.
- The Bay Village Food Pantry is accepting donations of unexpired, non-perishable items. Please bring items to Bay Presbyterian Church, 25415 Lake Road Inside of the main entrance is a grocery cart where you can leave your donations. The Church is open until 8 pm.
- Ongoing use of city communications will urge neighbors to help their elderly neighbors, and for those who need help to call Community Services.
Stay in Bay
Support our local restaurants and retail establishments. As you know, the Ohio Department of Health banned in-house dining. As of today all Bay restaurants are open for carry-out services and many retail establishments are still open. In the spirit of our "Stay in Bay" initiative please continue to support these locally owned businesses.