The City of Bay Village collects certain household hazardous waste and computer equipment for disposal. Residents may drop these materials off at the Service Garage from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm on the last Friday of the month, or third Friday if the normal date falls on a holiday. See the Refuse Collection Schedule linked at the left for specific dates.
- Computers and computer equipment
- Tires (no rims) on the August collection date only.
We Accept (in original containers):
- Oil or solvent-based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (aerosols or liquids)
- Any aerosol cans with flammable/combustible warnings
- Varnishes, polyurethane, shellacs
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine, Acetone
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers
- Caustic/corrosive household cleaners
- Pool chemicals
- Automotive fluids, motor oil
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- Mercury/mercury-containing items (thermometers, thermostats, etc.)
- Any other household chemical marked poisonous, caustic, flammable, corrosive, or combustible.
We Do NOT Accept:
- TV/VCR/DVD/Stereo equipment, electronics
- Tire rims
- Latex paint. Allow latex paint to dry, then dispose of it in your regular trash.
- Explosives, gun powder, ammunition, flares. Firearms and ammunition can be turned in at the Bay Village Police Department.
- Medical waste, pharmaceuticals, medicine, sharps. Medication can be disposed of at the Bay Village Police Department.
- Fire extinguishers, propane tanks, helium tanks
- Radioactive waste, including smoke detectors
- Smoke detectors
- Business or commercial waste
- Fluorescent bulbs. Take compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL) bulbs to Home Depot or Lowe’s for disposal.
- Batteries, all types. Rechargeable batteries (Lithium Ion, Nickle Cadmium, etc.) can be recycled at hardware, home improvement or electronics retail stores. Dispose of single use (non-rechargeable) alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, etc.) in the regular trash. Lead acid (vehicle) batteries can be recycled at a scrap metal yard.