Transportation is available for Bay Village Residents:
- Seniors 60 years or older
- Knickerbocker Apartment Residents
- Permanently or temporarily disabled residents
A wheelchair lift is available. Prior registration is required. Donations are encouraged.
- Monday: Medical Appointments from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday: Medical Appointments from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Wednesday: Grocery Shopping (Heinen's, Marc's, etc.). Up to 10 riders in each group. Each shopper is limited to 4 bags.
- Morning group: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Afternoon group: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Thursday: Medical Appointments from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Friday: Walmart and Target Shopping from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. Can include other miscellaneous appointments.
Reservations & Scheduling
- To schedule a ride, call the Bay Village Community Center at 440-899-3410 between 9:00 am and 11:00 am, Monday through Friday. Please leave a detailed message if your call is not promptly answered.
- All trips must be scheduled at least 3 business days prior and can be scheduled up to 3 weeks in advance.
- All appointments will be confirmed the work day prior to the appointment.
- When scheduling a doctor appointment, please ask how long you can expect to be there so that the return trip can be scheduled.
- If Bay Schools are closed due to severe weather, transportation will not run.
- The driver cannot leave the vehicle to escort passengers; it is a curb to curb service.
- Transportation will not be provided to persons after any medical appointments requiring anesthesia, nor will transportation be provided to a hospital Emergency Room.
- We reserve the right to deny transportation at any time.
Donations & Fees
Money collection boxes are in all vehicles.
- $4 round trip in Bay Village
- $6 round trip outside of Bay Village
- Wheelchair transportation available; fees based on individual situation and needs. Must be accompanied by an aide or helper
Exact change is necessary. Checks may be made payable to City of Bay Village.
There is no federal government funding for the operation of this program. All operating expenses are paid by the City of Bay Village. Financial support from the riders is necessary. Please pay your fair share.
For More Information
For more information or to schedule appointments, call Community Services at (440) 899-3442.