Transportation is available for Bay Village Residents:
- Seniors 60 years or older
- Knickerbocker Apartment Residents
- Permanently or temporarily disabled residents
- Medical Appointments
A wheelchair lift is available. Prior registration is required. Donations are encouraged.
Operating Hours, Reservations & Scheduling
- Operating hours are from 8 AM until 4 PM weekdays.
- Wheelchair passengers must have an able-bodied escort and may be transported on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Reservations may be made up to 3 weeks in advance, but at least 3 days prior to the appointment.
- All appointments will be confirmed the work day prior to the appointment.
- When scheduling a doctor appointment, please ask how long you can expect to be there so that the return trip can be scheduled.
- If Bay Schools are closed due to severe weather, transportation will not run.
- The driver cannot leave the vehicle to escort passengers; it is a curb to curb service.
- Transportation will not be provided to persons after any medical appointments requiring anesthesia, nor will transportation be provided to a hospital Emergency Room.
- We reserve the right to deny transportation at any time.
Donations & Fees
Money collection boxes are in all vehicles.
- $4 round trip in Bay Village
- $6 round trip outside of Bay Village
- $25 round trip for wheelchair transportation (No charge for caretaker)
Exact change is necessary. Checks may be made payable to City of Bay Village.
There is no federal government funding for the operation of this program. All operating expenses are paid by the City of Bay Village. Financial support from the riders is necessary. Please pay your fair share.
To Schedule a Ride
The City uses Senior Transportation Connection (STC) to schedule all rides. They can be reached at (216) 265-1489.
For More Information
For more information or to schedule appointments, call Community Services at (440) 899-3442.